Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thankful Sunday.

Oh man, what a weekend. I am thankful for SO much tonight.

1. God. He is so faithful. He is everything I have ever needed, need, or will need. He is everything and I am nothing without him. He knows where I am, and he loves me anyways. He loves me enough to bring me to a place of brokenness when I get too arrogant. He lets me stay broken, just long enough to remember I am nothing without him, and he then lifts me up and sets me back on the path where I belong- renewed and with more faith then I had before. He has fought for me, and won. Died for me and was resurrected. The war has been waged and the battle won- I only have to walk in victory.

2. Grace Community Church. I had no idea why all of a sudden, a few months before I am to leave this island God would have me leave my church home to spend the last bit of time with these other folks. I know why now. I am so glad I listened. I am so blessed to be a part of that family. I am so blessed to worship and break bread with the people there. God knew where I needed to be and he sent me and I am SO SO SO blessed.

3. My parents, Mrs. Vanaster and Daddykins. My ever present help in time of need. I don't know a lot of people who can say they have phenomenal parents. The kind who are always there, always listening, ready to drop everything to reach me where I am- even though I am grown. Parents who speak truth and life and light into my life when all I see is darkness. Parents who remind me who's I am and why I am here and all that I have to be thankful for. Parents who say, "This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it..." when I need to hear it most....but who also cry with me, when I need it most. I could not ask for a better mom and dad. They rule.

4. Natasha Noelle Guenther, who's name is perfectly grand. My sister. My amazingly beautiful, loving, joyful, and astounding friend. I love you, I love you, I love you. God gave me you, and you are just as much a gift as my children, as my family. You are my family. You are wise and soulful and honest and simply glorious. My life will never be as it was before you were in it.

5. Siah and Pizee. You ornery rascals keep me grounded when I need it most. When the Daddy is gone and it is just us, and I get in a place, you two bring me back to square one. You love me no matter what. You nuzzle your noses into my neck and tell me I am the best mommy ever and I know you really mean it. You sleep next to me when I don't want to be alone, and even though you steal covers and turn into octopi as you sleep, I appreciate that you are next to me.


As for an update on my no vain purchases challenge...it has been 12 days and I am just fine. I have had a few moments being out and about and seeing something fabulous and picking it up forgetting my challenge, but putting it down when I remembered was not as hard as I thought it would be. I am spending less time in the mirror, closet and gym- because that is just not where my mind is. I know I am supposed to be doing this, and I cannot wait to see where I am 3 or 4 months in.

LOVE YA'LL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment